- Check in time starts at 3 PM (late check-ins accepted)
- Check out time is Noon
- No minimum stay required
Smoking is not allowed
We cannot accommodate guest pets
Limitations on children (under the age of 12) staying in GreatStone Castle, but they are always welcome at Canal Lake Lodge
No childcare is provided
Consumption of alcohol is permitted (please bring your own). However, any damaged furnishings will be charged on your credit card.
Closed: Thanksgiving and
GreatStone Castle Meals
- Breakfast is included with room rate
- Breakfast is served when you request between 7:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
Breakfast is served in the conservatory
- Lunch is available by special request
Additional food services included in room rate: Snacks, Non-alcoholic beverages
Canal Lake Lodge Meals
- We provide breakfast foods but you will provide the cook
- The Lodge has a fully equipped kitchen and a gas grill which you are welcome to use during your stay
- We ask you leave the kitchen as you found it, or we can provide clean-up for an additional $25.00
B & B Cancellations:
- Seven days prior notice required
- Business travelers during week 24 hrs
Payment Options: Pre-pay with Check or Cash, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, GreatStone Castle Gift Certificates
Inspected by the following agencies: AAA
Legal, moderate, alcohol consumption is permitted, but unlimited open bars are not. We reserve the right to stop serving anyone at anytime, and we stop the consumption of alcohol at least 30 minutes prior to the end of the reception.
GreatStone Castle is not childproof. While we do not prohibit children at GreatStone, we discourage large groups (more than 6) of young (under the age of 12) children. Immediate family of the bride and groom -- regardless of age-- are always accommodated. We ask our GreatStone Castle bride and grooms to consider putting "Children 12 and older are welcome" in invitations. Canal Lake Lodge is completely child friendly and free of age restrictions.
- A GreatStone Approved Caterer is required for all GreatStone Castle events with the exception of bridal and baby showers. You may use any caterer you like at Canal Lake Lodge, including self catering.
- A deposit is required to hold your date. The balance is due 7 days prior to event. MasterCard, Visa and American Express are accepted. A 3% surcharge will be applied on final special event payments, if a credit card is used.
Event Cancellation Policies
Weddings / Receptions /
Parties / Reunions / Meetings
$250 or $350 (with DJ) cancellation fee applies to all weddings and receptions cancelled or postponed for any reason. Remainder of deposit is non-refundable if you cancel within 120 days of your event. Only one postponement permitted. Second postponement will require a new deposit. A minimum $100 handling fee will be charged for all other events cancelled or postponed with less than 30 days notice.
Company Picnics at Canal Lake Lodge
$100 handling fee will be charged for events rescheduled within 60 days of the event. Events that must be postponed due to weather can be rescheduled on any available date (within 60 days of original date) at no charge. Cancellation of an event for any reason with less than 60 days notice will result in a charge equal to 30% of the agreed upon price for the event or $300, whichever is the greatest.
Split Location Events
Deposits paid for one location cannot be applied to the other location in the event of a cancellation.
- Innkeeper(s): Frederick and Victoria Keller
- The Innkeepers speak: English
- Pets on the property: 1 friendly dog named Winston
Spa Services | Dayton
Meetings / Conferences | Dayton OH Special
Inn Policies | Sidney OH Map & Directions |
GreatStone Castle Resorts
A Bed and Breakfast, Private Lodge and Spa
Near Dayton, Ohio
429 N. Ohio Avenue - Sidney, Ohio (OH) 45365
Telephone: 937-498-4728 - Fax: 937-498-9762
- Website: www.greatstonecastle.com
Copyrightę GreatStone Castle - Sidney, OH
Website design, hosting & promotion by Blizzard
Internet Marketing, Inc.